GCSE PE consists of 3 elements: students must achieve high standards in each of these to earn a good grade.
- 60% Theory Exam (2 separate papers on different topics).
- 10% Personal Exercise Plan Coursework (completed in controlled conditions at school).
- 30% Practical Performance: sports must be chosen from the list in the Practical Assessment Criteria link and include at least one team and one individual activity. The link provides details of how students are marked against the exam board standard and they should aim to achieve at least level 4. Students may use sports from the list that they study outside of lessons and class teachers should be informed as early as possible if students wish to be assessed in these areas (eg boxing or climbing).
Course Syllabus and Grading Criteria
- GCSE PE Theory Syllabus and Glossary of Key words (9-1)
- GCSE PE Practical Assessment Criteria (9-1)
Active Learning Resources
1. GCSE PE Mock Exam Papers 1 and 2 with accompanying mark schemes
2. GCSE PE Revision Maps 2016 (9-1) divided into Papers 1 and 2
3. GCSE Revision Workbook, by our exam board Edexcel. A copy of this book will be provided to all students free of charge by February half term.