In February 2019, the academy launched its Programme of International Visits which have been made available to students to provide them with the opportunity to engage in rich cultural and sporting experiences. Subject to interest, two international visits will be offered each academic year and take place during the Easter holidays. Below are details of the languages trip to Barcelona, Easter 2021.
Overview of The Trip
- Coach travel to/from UK and Spain airports and travel insurance
- Flights to and from destination
- Half-board accommodation (four nights) in a four star hotel located outside Barcelona in Lloret de Mar
- Breakfast and evening meal each day at the hotel
- Coach travel to all visits
- Visits to the Sagrada Familia Church, Parc Guell sculpture park, Port Aventura and Ferrari Land theme park, tour of
Camp Nou stadium and a guided tour of Barcelona (including Las Ramblas, the gothic quarter and Montjuic)
The trip is being organised through ‘Ski and Sport’; a local, reputable tour provider.
Dates For Your Diary
- Thursday 14th of November at 6pm – Parent Information Evening
- Friday 29th November 2019 at 3pm – £100 Deposit Deadline
To secure your child’s place, the £100 non-refundable deposit must have been received by the academy’s Finance Office by this time
As detailed in the letter dated 21 October 2019, below is the payment plan. Deadlines have been set by the tour provider and are therefore non-negotiable. Failure to meet the payment deadlines could result in your child losing their place on the trip. We really do not want this to be the case and ask that where meeting the deadlines presents an issue, you contact Ms Heptonstall at the academy as soon as possible. The Principal’s decision on such matters will be final. All payments must be taken to the Finance Office which can be contacted on 0114 235 8120, option 4.
- 29th November 2019 – £100
- 10th January 2020 – £100
- 22nd May 2020 – £120
- 24th September 2020 – £120
- 17th December 2020 – £100
What Do Students Require?
- A valid Passport. This will be checked by the academy prior to departure. A photocopy must be given to the Finance Office.
- Included within the trip cost is travel insurance but due to the uncertainty of Brexit, we are unsure if European Health Insurance Cards (‘EHIC’) will still be valid at the time of travel. Once confirmed this will be communicated to parents/carers
- Further details about the essential items to pack will be provided shortly
Letters to Parents
Below are copies of all letters issued to date: